Sunday, January 11, 2015

poet/playwright




One of the songs I heard in the Bastille concert has these lyrics

"In eyes not yet created
On tongues that are not born
I have written you down
Now you will live forever"

Obviously Bastille is not a Christian band, but these words really speak to me, reminding me of psalm 139

"I praise you, for I  fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you, when i was made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book was written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of them."

I love this verse because it reminds me of God's incredible power as well as his intimate personal relationship with me and you and every human.

His power is shown through how he conceived us and made us (not in the human sense of making something out of something...he made something out of nothing) and how he made us ETERNAL beings - people that would live forever!!! And he has the omniscience to know every single day of eternity for the kajillions of people that have been/are being/will be!!!! Such power and knowledge should make us stand in complete awe...

And yet his intensely personal relationship with us is also shown here - he really created us, our heavenly father, and is as tender and loving and protective of us as a father is to his newborn baby. I always cry at birth scenes in the cinema because the love emanating from the parents is so palpable - i think our response to the beauty of Gods love for us should be similar - gratitude, amazement and reciprocation.

God planned for us/plans for us/is planning for us and that means he loves us and we have eternal significance in his eyes. Praise God for creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment